May 18, 2010

The Queen- Looking Casual

It was the final day of the Royal Windsor Horse Show today, so having organised accreditation I drove up to Windsor, hopeful to come back with a new set of pictures of the Queen. Typically at the show, the Queen is a little more relaxed than when on formal engagements- often dressing casually and driving down to the show herself, as it's basically in her back garden.

I arrived just in time to see a small group of photographers excitedly watching a Range Rover that had just pulled up. As I walked towards it a man next to me, dressed casually in chords, turned round and said in a very serious tone "don't go in front of me, OK?" Her Majesty's security were on guard. The Queen spent around half an hour watching the events of the show, and from a safe distance I was able to snap away to my heart's content.






Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, involved in some time-keeping for the Carriages event.

No comments:

Post a Comment